Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Great Gingerbread Massacre of 2008



So I tried a new gingerbread method this year because I was feeling kind of lazy and a little intrigued. I bought a mix ( I know, I know!) mostly because it was organic and would save me a little time in the process. However, I learned something very important while baking them. Though the Arrowhead Mills Organic Gingerbread Mix ($4 in stores... organic section) is VERY tasty, the directions say to grease the cookie sheets, which I did, to the result directly above this post. The cookies stuck to the tray and then broke, folded, etc. My husband called it "The Great Cookie Massacre" and you can see why. So, I switched to parchment paper and got the result at the very top.

In short, if you try this mix, I'm recommending parchment paper, not a greased cookie sheet.

No comments: