Thursday, September 27, 2007

(Almost) Classic Chicken Parm

This one's one of my favorites. I used to make it for my roomie in college, but now I make it for my ever-loving husband. (It works great for impressing the in-laws, too!) Luckily, it's so simple, but it's all in how you present it.

You'll need: boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 per person)
italian breadcrumbs (comes in a large canister, with the shake n bake at the store)
powdered parmisan cheese (the kind you sprinkle on spaghetti)
garlic powder
a large bowl or plastic storage bag
a glass baking dish
marinara sauce (any kind)
mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. mix crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder together (enough crumbs to cover the chicken) in bowl or plastic bag
3. Rinse chicken breasts, then coat in crumb mixture.
4. Put in pan and set timer for 45 minutes
5. After baking for 30 minutes, pull out chicken and cover each breast in sauce. Return to oven for 10 more minutes.
6. Final touch: in the last 5 minutes, add the cheese so that it will melt. Do not worry about skimping on the cheese.
7. When finished, serve with pasta in marinara, garlic bread, and a good green salad.

Helpful tip: If you're making the pasta side dish, start your water when there's 10 mins. left on your timer and it should be ready when you are!

Hubby and I enjoy this with a good white wine. Hope you will, too!

1 comment:

April said...

This sounds awesome! I am adding it to my list of things to put on our "menu"! :)
(And you know I will enjoy it with white wine...HA!)