Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Simple Spinach and Artichoke dip

*stolen from Kraft Foods, but modified b/c I like my way better!

You'll need:
2 14oz. cans/jars of artichoke hearts, drained (I like the seasoned ones, best)
1 cup mayo
1 & 1/2 cups parmisan cheese (You've got to use the shredded stuff, not the stuff in the green can!)
1 med. bag frozen spinach
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
chopped green onions
1 sm. diced tomato

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix artichokes, mayo, 1 cup cheese, spinach, & garlic in a glass baking dish
2. Bake for 20 - 25 mins, or until golden brown
3. When there are 5 mins. left on the timer, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and finish baking.
4. Top with tomatoes and onions.
5. Serve hot.

Tips: Best served with baked tortilla chips.

NOTE: I do not recommend substituting the mayo for the light kind b/c it may throw the taste of the dish off.

Serves: 6-8 hungry people

This is a definite mother-in-law pleaser! I used it to impress her at a Labor Day picnic... now she's jealous of my cooking skills!

No comments: